A couple of posts ago, we learnt all about Wrap & Turns which are super good when dealing with socks and anything else that requires a gentle curve, HOWEVER ….. the eagle eyed amongst us will notice that once you’ve completed the W&T’s there are tiny gaps between the stitches. To rectify this, we need to pick up the stitches and make them ‘live’ again. Here’s how …..
Picking Up Knit Side
- With the right hand needle (working from front to back), pick up the wrap
- Immediately after, insert the right hand needle into the wrapped stitch as if to knit
- Knit both the wrap and the stitch together.
Picking Up Purl Side
- Insert the right hand needle into the wrap from back to front
- Using the right hand needle, lift the wrap up and over the wrapped stitch on the left hand needle
- Purl both the wrap and the stitch together.